Here are some ideas for outings and fun things for the week:
Leisure Centre Schedules: https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Recreation/Pages/Schedules.aspx
- Fresh Routes – a mobile grocery store that is bringing affordable and healthy food to you! Check this link for locations and schedules: https://yyc.rescuefood.ca/fresh-routes/
- Need some snuggles with a kitty or a cat? There are 45 minute kitty visits for $10 at the Regal Cat Cafe. https://www.regalcatcafe.com/ There’s also a new cat cafe in the Calgary NW called Cafe and Mi- if you make a $5 beverage purchase, you’ll be able to visit their cats – https://www.cafeandmi.com/rules
- March 14 (10:00am-2:00pm): St. Patricks Day at Calgary Farmers’ Market – there will be live performances and games celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at the Calgary Farmers’ Market.
- March 12 (7:00pm): Wordfest Presents: Jeff Rubin (The Expendables) – at Patricia A. Whelan Performance Hall (Central Library), Economist and author Jeff Rub visits Calgary in support of his new book The Expendables: How the Middle Class Got Screwed by Globalization, a searing analysis of the erosion of economic opportunity for the middle class. Admission: $20
- March 13 (6:30pm): The Heebee-Jeebees at The Bert Church Live Theatre – at the Bert Church Live Theatre (1000 East Lake Blvd, Airdrie), you may be familiar with comedic acappella group the HJeebee-Jeebees based on their eight albums released over 26 years of making music together. This is a show-stopping act. Admission: $28.50
- March 13 (8:00pm): Sunalta Live – the Sunalta Community Association (1627 10 Ave SW), is hosting a night of live music. There will be performances by Arizona Pony, The Frontiers and DC & The Struggle, plus surprise guests that will bring sounds of roots, soul, pop and punk to the stage. Admission: $12.50-15
- March 14 (10:00am-2:00pm): The Calgary Jazz Composers Collective, Vol. 2 – at Theatre 1308 (1308 Edmonton Trail NE), this group will be performing. The group consistently aims to create and present new music in all of their concert series. Admission: $25
- March 13 (7:00pm) & 14 (2:00pm): The Neverending Story – at StoryBook Theatre (375 Bermuda Drive NW), this show is about a ten-year-old Bastian that is hiding in a closet to avoid bullies. He then becomes immersed in a strangely compelling book: the tale of a hero’s quest to save the realm of Fantastica from the encroaching terror of the Nothing. Admission: $31 – buy tickets here: https://www.todocanada.ca/city/calgary/event/never-ending-story-book/
- March 15 (1:00pm-5:00pm): Give a Kid a Lift Fundraising Event – at The Ironwood (1229 9 Ave SE), the 10th annual Give a Kid a Lift Fundraising Concert will be on. The concert benefits Easter Seals Alberta who have partnered with Garaventa Lift to install a custom elevator in a local family’s home who are currently facing accessibility issues. There will be food, drinks, silent auction and a 50/50 draw available. Admission: $25
- March 17 (5:00pm-8:00pm): Date Night at Studio Bell: St. Patrick’s Day Bash – at Studio Bell (850 4 St SE), enjoy east coast fiddling, St. Patrick’s Day-themed cocktails and interactive exhibits to explore. Guests who show their date night tickets can receive 10% off their food and drinks at the King Eddy. Admission: $10
Have a great week!